- ADFD and IRENA open round of funding for renewable energy projects in developing countries
- UAE MoF and the FTA authority hold VAT workshop for government entities
- RAK ICC, ADGM Courts and ADGM form partnership for dispute resolution
- EIBFS convenes annual HR Managers Forum to Plan Delivery of 2018 training programmes
- Cape Town first-ever Halal Conference leads to $6 million worth of business deals
- Agribusiness Pure Harvest Smart Farms founders raise $4.5 million
- EFG Hermes reports 476 per cent Y-o-Y growth to reach EGP 237 million in Q3 2017
- The Sustainability Consortium welcomes HSBC Bank as first member from financial services industry
- Non-Muslims to secure inheritance distribution through RAK ICC registered Wills
- Turkish Airlines announces 2017 Q3 financial results
United Arab Bank P.J.S.C. (UAB)
- Phone: +971 6 507 5222
- Fax: +971 6 573 3906
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.uab.ae
A United Arab Emirates-based bank that offers commercial banking and financial products through a network of 14 branches across the UAE. The bank is structured into three main divisions, Retail Banking, Corporate Banking and Islamic Banking. It was incorporated in 1975 with its headquarters in Sharjah. Established as a joint venture between UAE investors and Société Générale (SG), UAB became part of a GCC regional banking alliance in December 2007 on the acquisition of 40 per cent interest in UAB by The Commercial Bank of Qatar, Qatar's largest private sector bank.
Faisal Bin Sultan Bin Salem Al Qassimi is the Founder and Chairman of the Board of UAB (since 1975). He assumed the role of the Chairman of the Board of Arab Organization of Industries and Establishment and is the Chairman of the Board of several public and private companies amongst which GIBCA, Grand Stores and Coral International. He graduated from the Jordanian Officer Cadet School and Mons Officer Cadet School in UK, served in the armed forces in different capacities prior to retiring at the rank of Major General which included Under Secretary of the Ministry of Defense, Chief of Staff, Chairman of the Court of Crown Prince - HH Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
Paul Trowbridge was appointed CEO in March 2009. The Australian-born banker joined the bank with a proven track record in diverse top bank managerial roles. He started his career with Price Waterhouse and then spent more than 20 years in a range of General Management, Credit Risk, and Corporate Banking positions with Westpac Corporation. Previously he was Deputy CEO at National Bank of Oman, responsible for driving strategic business initiatives. He holds a Bachelor of Economics degree.