- SEDCO Capital launches new investment strategy
- Rasmala boosts senior team at asset management subsidiary
- UAE economy benefitting from rebound in global trade and tourism
- Surplus reserves at UAE banks increase to AED 42.8 billion in June
- Global infra investment need to reach $97 trillion by 2040
- Bank ABC reports $102 million in profit for the first half of 2017
- Entersekt appoints new Senior Vice President to spearhead growth in Africa and the Middle East
- Executive Forum on Creativity and Innovation in Islamic Financial Products speakers announced
- UAE-Based Al Buhaira National Insurance Co. 'BB+' Ratings Affirmed; Outlook Stable
- KFH to benefit from merger with AUB, says Moody's
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
- Phone: +971 2 696 2222
- Fax: +971 2 6109701
- Website: www.adcb.com
ADCB was formed in 1985 and is now the third largest bank in the UAE. Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, ADCB is a full-service commercial bank active in all banking services that span corporate and retail as well as in the areas of treasury derivatives, infrastructure finance, private banking and wealth management. Its’ franchise is supported by a network of 172 ATMs across the UAE and 45 branches in the UAE as well as two branches in India. The bank has three divisions: Personal Banking, Business Banking and its Meethaq Islamic Banking segment which offers Shari’ah compliant financial solutions. In May 2008, ADCB acquired a 25 per cent interest in Malaysian Bank RHBC. It sold the stake in 2011 to Albar Investments. The bank is majority owned by the government.
Mr Al Suwaidi has over 20 years experience in investments and banking. He was appointed by the Government of Abu Dhabi to join the board of ADCB and elected Chairman in September 2008. He is also an Executive Director of Equity and Fixed Income at Abu Dhabi Investment Council and Director of United Arab Emirates, International Petroleum Investment Company, and Abu Dhabi National Oil Company for Distribution. He serves as the Chairman of Arab Banking Corporation – Egypt, and is a Board Member at Emirates Investment Authority.
Alaa Mohammed Atta Khalil Eraiqat joined ADCB in 2004 and set up the wealth management group. His responsibilities expanded in 2005 to include restructuring and revamping the retail banking group along with the wealth management group. In 2006 he was appointed Head of Banking overseeing Corporate, SME, RBG and WMG, and was appointed Deputy CEO and Director of the Bank in February 2009. Prior to joining ADCB he held senior management positions at Citibank as Head of Distribution, UAE and Area Manager, Abu Dhabi in Standard Chartered Bank.