- ADIB net profit increases by 20 per cent in Q1 2017
- Bank Sohar secures $250 million three-year Syndicated Term Loan Facility
- Investcorp expands industrial real estate portfolio with $160 million acquisition
- CI affirms Saudi Investment Bank’s ratings with a stable outlook
- UAE continues to be buoyant and lucrative, says Quilter Cheviot
- French presidential elections 2017: 2nd-round ticket for Macron and Le Pen
- UAE and Azerbaijan conclude sixth joint economic committee
- Meethaq extends over OMR 30 million finance for Osool Poultry project
- Equities: first round results in France support bullish view on Euro zone?
- S&P: Ethiopia 'B/B' sovereign ratings affirmed; outlook stable
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
- Phone: +971 2 696 2222
- Fax: +971 2 6109701
- Website: www.adcb.com
ADCB was formed in 1985 and is now the third largest bank in the UAE. Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, ADCB is a full-service commercial bank active in all banking services that span corporate and retail as well as in the areas of treasury derivatives, infrastructure finance, private banking and wealth management. Its’ franchise is supported by a network of 172 ATMs across the UAE and 45 branches in the UAE as well as two branches in India. The bank has three divisions: Personal Banking, Business Banking and its Meethaq Islamic Banking segment which offers Shari’ah compliant financial solutions. In May 2008, ADCB acquired a 25 per cent interest in Malaysian Bank RHBC. It sold the stake in 2011 to Albar Investments. The bank is majority owned by the government.
Mr Al Suwaidi has over 20 years experience in investments and banking. He was appointed by the Government of Abu Dhabi to join the board of ADCB and elected Chairman in September 2008. He is also an Executive Director of Equity and Fixed Income at Abu Dhabi Investment Council and Director of United Arab Emirates, International Petroleum Investment Company, and Abu Dhabi National Oil Company for Distribution. He serves as the Chairman of Arab Banking Corporation – Egypt, and is a Board Member at Emirates Investment Authority.
Alaa Mohammed Atta Khalil Eraiqat joined ADCB in 2004 and set up the wealth management group. His responsibilities expanded in 2005 to include restructuring and revamping the retail banking group along with the wealth management group. In 2006 he was appointed Head of Banking overseeing Corporate, SME, RBG and WMG, and was appointed Deputy CEO and Director of the Bank in February 2009. Prior to joining ADCB he held senior management positions at Citibank as Head of Distribution, UAE and Area Manager, Abu Dhabi in Standard Chartered Bank.