- MENA sovereign borrowing could decline by six per cent in 2018
- A.M. Best upgrades credit ratings of FAIR Oil & Energy Insurance Syndicate
- Meethaq and Hydrocarbon Finder finance oil and gas project
- PayFort registers wholly-owned business in Saudi Arabia
- BofAML see Brent oil prices averaging $50 to $70 through 2023
- Dubai Islamic Bank hosts AGM and agrees on cash dividends
- IFC and Bank Al-Maghrib strengthen credit reporting in Morocco
- Saudi CMA approves Bank AlJazira's proposed rights issue
- Geopolitics most significant challenge facing regional investment industry
- The future of banking: cryptocurrencies require rules
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
- Phone: +971 2 696 2222
- Fax: +971 2 6109701
- Website: www.adcb.com
ADCB was formed in 1985 and is now the third largest bank in the UAE. Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, ADCB is a full-service commercial bank active in all banking services that span corporate and retail as well as in the areas of treasury derivatives, infrastructure finance, private banking and wealth management. Its’ franchise is supported by a network of 172 ATMs across the UAE and 45 branches in the UAE as well as two branches in India. The bank has three divisions: Personal Banking, Business Banking and its Meethaq Islamic Banking segment which offers Shari’ah compliant financial solutions. In May 2008, ADCB acquired a 25 per cent interest in Malaysian Bank RHBC. It sold the stake in 2011 to Albar Investments. The bank is majority owned by the government.
Mr Al Suwaidi has over 20 years experience in investments and banking. He was appointed by the Government of Abu Dhabi to join the board of ADCB and elected Chairman in September 2008. He is also an Executive Director of Equity and Fixed Income at Abu Dhabi Investment Council and Director of United Arab Emirates, International Petroleum Investment Company, and Abu Dhabi National Oil Company for Distribution. He serves as the Chairman of Arab Banking Corporation – Egypt, and is a Board Member at Emirates Investment Authority.
Alaa Mohammed Atta Khalil Eraiqat joined ADCB in 2004 and set up the wealth management group. His responsibilities expanded in 2005 to include restructuring and revamping the retail banking group along with the wealth management group. In 2006 he was appointed Head of Banking overseeing Corporate, SME, RBG and WMG, and was appointed Deputy CEO and Director of the Bank in February 2009. Prior to joining ADCB he held senior management positions at Citibank as Head of Distribution, UAE and Area Manager, Abu Dhabi in Standard Chartered Bank.