- Moody's: Government of Morocco introduces gradual foreign exchange rate
- Moody's affirms two banks' ratings; changes Lebanon's macro profile to 'very weak+'
- Emirates Development Bank launches SMEs financing to support Emirati entrepreneurs
- UAE sovereign ratings affirmed with a stable outlook
- KFH digitally transforms data storage and protection with Dell EMC
- Al Hilal Bank partners with SunTec to manage VAT for customers
- Union Properties sells entire stake in Emicool for AED 500 million
- Middle East M&A activity rallies in Q4 2017
- CBI appoints Head of Retail Banking
- Goldilocks announces 4.99 per cent stake in GFH
- Phone: +965 2298 8000
- Fax: +965 2298 8463 / 2298 8502
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.burgan.com
Established in 1977, Burgan Bank is the youngest commercial Bank based in Kuwait, with a significant focus on the corporate and financial institutions sectors, as well as having a growing retail and private bank customer base. Burgan Bank has four majority owned subsidiaries: Gulf Bank Algeria - AGB (Algeria), Bank of Baghdad - BOB (Iraq), Jordan Kuwait Bank - JKB (Jordan) and Tunis International Bank – TIB (Tunisia), (collectively “Burgan Bank Group”). The bank has continuously improved its performance over the years through an expanded revenue structure, diversified funding sources, and a strong capital base. The adoption of state-of-the-art services and technology has positioned it as a trendsetter in the domestic market and within the MENA region.
Before becoming Chairman, Al-Ajeel served as Vice Chairman (from March 2007 to April 2010). He is also Deputy Chairman of the Kuwait Banking Association and Vice Chairman and CEO of United Projects Company.
Eduardo Eguren Linsen became Chief Executive Officer of Burgan Bank Group since September 2010. He has 25 years of global senior banking experience across different financial hubs. Prior to joining Burgan Bank Group, he held a position of CEO of Global Commercial Banking operations at Barclays Plc. Before that he held several positions in Citigroup/Citibanks/Citi across four continents (1984-2007).