- Al Ansari Exchange and IBMC offer overseas Indians in UAE facility to pay NPS contributions
- Network International strengthens presence in customer reward and loyalty management
- Established tech firms now banking sector’s biggest disruptors
- DFSA and ASIC sign fintech agreement
- GCC SMEs expected to grow 156 per cent to $920 billion in next five years
- RAKBANK customers can remit money to India using blockchain
- Investcorp hosts second Annual Credit Symposium in New York City
- UAE entrepreneurs have the highest fear of failure rate for the MENA region
- CI: Ratings of Banque Nationale Agricole affirmed with a ‘Stable’ outlook
- Moody's: Sub-Saharan African countries face rising risk of financing stress
- Phone: +965 2298 8000
- Fax: +965 2298 8463 / 2298 8502
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.burgan.com
Established in 1977, Burgan Bank is the youngest commercial Bank based in Kuwait, with a significant focus on the corporate and financial institutions sectors, as well as having a growing retail and private bank customer base. Burgan Bank has four majority owned subsidiaries: Gulf Bank Algeria - AGB (Algeria), Bank of Baghdad - BOB (Iraq), Jordan Kuwait Bank - JKB (Jordan) and Tunis International Bank – TIB (Tunisia), (collectively “Burgan Bank Group”). The bank has continuously improved its performance over the years through an expanded revenue structure, diversified funding sources, and a strong capital base. The adoption of state-of-the-art services and technology has positioned it as a trendsetter in the domestic market and within the MENA region.
Before becoming Chairman, Al-Ajeel served as Vice Chairman (from March 2007 to April 2010). He is also Deputy Chairman of the Kuwait Banking Association and Vice Chairman and CEO of United Projects Company.
Eduardo Eguren Linsen became Chief Executive Officer of Burgan Bank Group since September 2010. He has 25 years of global senior banking experience across different financial hubs. Prior to joining Burgan Bank Group, he held a position of CEO of Global Commercial Banking operations at Barclays Plc. Before that he held several positions in Citigroup/Citibanks/Citi across four continents (1984-2007).