- PropTech revolution has arrived in the UAE, study finds
- Topaz Energy and Marine Limited: Successful closing of $375 million Senior Notes
- Saudi Ministry of Finance announces the establishment of a Sukuk programme
- Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Finance appoints Fahad Al-Saif as Head of Debt Management Office
- UAE Takaful companies 'flying high'
- Dana Gas works with UAE counsel to solve Sukuk matter
- FAB reports first half 2017 group net profit of AED 5.49 billion
- Crypto market and exchange launch announced in UAE
- Bank Nizwa launches new Shari'ah-compliant savings plan
- Bank ABC Islamic announces 41 per cent increase in half-year profit to $15.1 million
- Phone: +965 2298 8000
- Fax: +965 2298 8463 / 2298 8502
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.burgan.com
Established in 1977, Burgan Bank is the youngest commercial Bank based in Kuwait, with a significant focus on the corporate and financial institutions sectors, as well as having a growing retail and private bank customer base. Burgan Bank has four majority owned subsidiaries: Gulf Bank Algeria - AGB (Algeria), Bank of Baghdad - BOB (Iraq), Jordan Kuwait Bank - JKB (Jordan) and Tunis International Bank – TIB (Tunisia), (collectively “Burgan Bank Group”). The bank has continuously improved its performance over the years through an expanded revenue structure, diversified funding sources, and a strong capital base. The adoption of state-of-the-art services and technology has positioned it as a trendsetter in the domestic market and within the MENA region.
Before becoming Chairman, Al-Ajeel served as Vice Chairman (from March 2007 to April 2010). He is also Deputy Chairman of the Kuwait Banking Association and Vice Chairman and CEO of United Projects Company.
Eduardo Eguren Linsen became Chief Executive Officer of Burgan Bank Group since September 2010. He has 25 years of global senior banking experience across different financial hubs. Prior to joining Burgan Bank Group, he held a position of CEO of Global Commercial Banking operations at Barclays Plc. Before that he held several positions in Citigroup/Citibanks/Citi across four continents (1984-2007).