- CI: Ratings of Banque Nationale Agricole affirmed with a ‘Stable’ outlook
- Moody's: Sub-Saharan African countries face rising risk of financing stress
- Vantage Capital provides $12.5 million of funding to Purple Capital
- Clifford Chance advises Mitsui on African investment
- Ethiopia, Mauritius and Spain honoured for promoting investment in sustainable development goals
- S&P affirms Saudi Arabia at 'A-/A-2' with a stable outlook
- Cloudera helps Middle East brands unlock new frontiers with machine learning and analytics
- Majority employed UAE Residents considering or have started own businesses
- Carbon credits drive green funding in Dubai
- KSA deficit well within targets
Credit Libanais S.A.L.
- Phone: +961 1 200 028
- Fax: +961 1 325 713
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.creditlibanais.com.lb
A Lebanon-based financial institution offering products and services in three main areas: Personal, Business and Private Banking. It also offers financial advisory, asset management services and custodian facilities. Credit Libanais operates through a network of 65 branches in Lebanon, a branch in Cyprus, a branch in Bahrain and a Representative Office in Montreal, Canada. The bank was established in 1961 as a Lebanese joint stock company. The Bank's ownership is split between EFG Hermes Holding SAL with 63.738 per cent of the shares capital and CIH Bahrain International Holding SAL with 25.20 per cent.The remaining 11.05 per cent is owned by other individual and institutional shareholders.
Dr Joseph Torbey is the Chairman and General Manager of Credit Libanais. He has held the roles since 1988. He also serves as President of the Association of Banks in Lebanon (ABL) where he is involved in the major decision making issues related to the Association. He is also Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Union of Arab Banks (UAB), Chairman of the World Union of Arab Bankers (WUAB). Other roles include Member of the Executive Committee and Member of the Board of Trustees of the Arab Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences (Jordan) since 2001 and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Banking Studies Center at St Joseph University (Beirut).