- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Corporate Banking, Global Custody, HR & Recruitment
- Sub Sector:
- Other, Other, Relationship Management
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
Manages employee relations in compliance with the development and implementation of relevant strategies to maintain workplace relations and to attract,
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Supports the Head of HR and the senior management in the implementation of strategy and change management initiatives relevant to the HR function.
- In accordance with the group Unit Operational Reporting Policy, supports the HRRM activities to assigned business groups at Head Office and the overseas units.
- Proactively fosters, maintains and enhances relations with relevant business and support units within HO and across the Group with a view to elevating the perception of HR.
- Acts as a Relationship Manager to assigned business groups both at Head Office and the overseas units on all human resource activities such as, but not limited to, performance management, talent management, training and development, succession planning, employee surveys (YES, e- Goals), skills gap analysis, and employee engagement.
- Proactively provides a comprehensive range of HR services within the HRRM function to ensure that business units are kept fully informed.
- Provides HR support and serves as a knowledge base to the units assigned under the matrix system.
- Supports the full life-cycle recruiting efforts for the group Head Office business groups and assists as required with recruitment execution for other business groups, with particular focus on the recruitment of senior executives at the Group level.
- Acts as the recruitment coordinator aligned to the business groups on a day to day basis, managing manpower requisition, job description, search, interview and approval processes.
- Reviews HR policies and procedures across the Group to ensure that best practice and consistency exist to enable the accomplishment of business goals.
- Provides consultation on HR policies and procedures to line management and individual staff members with regard to personnel issues and ensures equality and consistency in the management of people.
- Provides guidance to HR staff and line management in the application of employee relations policies and procedures and ensures that actions are in compliance with internal policies and procedures and the laws of Bahrain, including the employment law.
- Develops and prepares personnel policies and procedures and prepares updates to policy manual as necessary.
- Responsible for updating written materials as directed by Head of HR.
- Ensures that a “competency and objective setting” based performance appraisal system is maintained and provides guidance so that salary and bonus review is subsequently possible on an equitable basis.
- Works with Legal to prepare contracts for senior executives assigned to the overseas units.
- Provides support to the Head of HR on matters related to the Nomination & Compensation Committee of the Board, including researching and writing of documents for submission and approval i.e. annual COLA, VCS distribution, executive recruitment.
- Supports the Head of HR in maintaining compliance with the regulatory requirements of the Central Bank of Bahrain i.e. Sound Remuneration Practices, Public Disclosure Reporting.
- Participates in the salary and compensation review conducted every two years.
- Carries out a wide range of specific ad hoc projects of a confidential nature as required by senior management.
- Serves as interpreter and translator for Group HR in support of the Group’s French speaking units.
- Provides translation services English/French for employee satisfaction surveys and written communications from senior management in support of the Group wide communication effort.
- Provides advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Handles the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Contributes to regional / global projects associated with HR, Leadership and Talent Management in line with current or future changes in the group/HR strategy.
- Assists with a wide range of ad hoc projects as assigned by Head of HR or executive management.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
- Reporting to the Head of HR, the job holder assists with recruitment, employee relations, training and development processes and employee relations in the Bahrain Head Office.
- Works closely with Head of the Unit and line managers to provide comprehensive HR services.
- Implements processes and procedures ensuring that HR practices are within the group’s HR policies and procedures.
- Participates in the provision of hands-on focus in terms of delivering HR solutions to business and support units.
- Ensures that existing and new HR policies and procedures comply with Central Bank of Bahrain regulations and Bahrain Labour Law.
- The most demanding part of this job is to ensure consistency and apply fair and equitable treatment and to maintain complete confidentiality on HR issues.
- Full range of HR functions in international, multicultural environment
- Native English language skills, French or Arabic an advantage
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree, Master preferred
- 10+ years in HR, minimum 5 in banking with an international bank
- Prior experience working in / across multi-cultural environments
- Strong interpersonal and intuitive skills
- Passion for excellence
- Ability to interact easily and effectively at all levels in multicultural & multinational environment
- Outstanding communication skills, with particular emphasis on writing skills
- Time management skills with ability to plan and coordinate work activities and develop realistic action plan to ensure deliverables by deadline
- Professional, extremely confidential, and diplomatic under all circumstances
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines