- Standard Chartered Bank
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Corporate Banking
- Sub Sector:
- Relationship Management
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
* Primarily responsible for providing direct sales support on post origination activities like documentation, reporting, etc by engaging with client, CRC, legal, compliance, etc
* Active engagement with client and also with the product partners to ensure high level of utilization of regular limits.
* Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and jointly responsible for the revenue growth.
* Ensure high standards of hygiene (including OR, Portfolio management, Credit risk, etc) in the portfolio.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Strongly assist the RM in origination by preparing pitch book, industry leads, etc.
* Assist the RM and CA in preparing briefing notes for senior management visits.
* Document the client meetings attended by preparing a call report via the RMWB system
* Ensure timely completion of account opening formalities of the client including collection of documents, signature verification etc., by liaising with cash operations & the CCM - Specialist teams.
* Work in partnership with FM to setup FM System ID and ISDA request.
Client on-boarding & deal execution:
* Assist the RM in liaising with Legal & Compliance, CRC and clients to resolve documentation issues like T&C deviations for standard documents.
* Obtain approval for modification in standard documentation wherever necessary from appropriate authority.
* Ensure documentation is completed and the limits loaded properly to ensure faster execution of the transaction.
* Work with the CDD team to ensure eCDDs are created and renewed on time.
* Seek approval from various authorities for release of trade offerings and release the deal in IMEX.
Account Management and portfolio quality:
* Actively engage with client and also with the product partners to ensure high level of utilization of regular limits.
* Work closely with product partners for coordinating client training for non lending products. (Client training to be conducted by Product Partners.)
* Track past dues and excesses in the portfolio meticulously and ensure they are regularized on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to CA and RM.
* Seek necessary approvals, wherever required and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
* Co-ordinate with Ops / GSSC for any rectifying any ops related issues and issue SIFs wherever required within the authority.
* Ensure document deficiencies are minimum (as reflected by DDR, GDR, etc) and are rectified on time.
* Liaise with other banks for information sharing and seeking opinion reports and respond to NOC requests from other banks/NAK etc.
* Liaise with FAM/GAM/RAM for day to day account maintenance and operational issues.
* Arrange for stock inspection/Valuation
* Ensure correctness of data in SCI and other systems. Attend portfolio review meetings along with RM/CA/Team leaders
* Track and action on Failed Trade Report
* Ensure compliance of all internal/regulatory policies & regulations.
Key Relationship External including (and not limited to); clients, legal firms, accounts for pushing utilization, regularization of deficiencies, documentation, etc.
Key Relationship Internal including (and not limited to); credit, RM, CA, FM, TB, CRC and other stakeholders for approval, reporting, monitoring and joint management of the portfolio as a cohesive team, post approval activities, overall account management, etc.
* Ensure compliance to Group Operational Risk Policy, Anti-Money Laundering Prevention, group sanctions and other relevant policies. Cooperate with the Money Laundering Prevention Officers (Unit, Business, and Country) to ensure compliance to internal and external controls and procedures for money laundering prevention.
* Where appropriate, assist in the investigation of financial crime risks and ensure timely reporting of suspicious activities.
* Must be observant of reputation risk and strictly prohibit from misselling activities.
* Work closely with internal partners and stakeholders from Credit, Operations, Legal & Compliance, Product, KYC/CDD and Credit Documentation, etc.
* Risk Mitigation: Operate within Risk & Compliance requirements/ framework.
* High level of utilization of limits
* Quality of portfolio
* Overall revenue growth of the portfolio
* Nil Provisioning
* Satisfactory internal / external audit/reviews
Qualifications and Skills
* Post graduate qualification or equivalent is preferred.
* Self driven individual with strong problem solving and execution skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Team player - ability to work with colleagues at all levels to drive segment proposition
* Good communication skills are essential
* Collaborative with a "can do" attitude
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
* Arabic language skills preferred. A UAE National would also be preferred due to the nature of the client base
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 23/01/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.