- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Accounting & Finance, Corporate Banking, Risk Management
- Sub Sector:
- Financial/MGMT Accounting, Market, Project Finance/PFI
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Group MIS: Ensure accurate, relevant and timely reports are provided to the BoD and Senior Management.
- Group Budget and Forecasts: Manage the Group Wide Business plan, Budget and Forecast production process. Facilitate management reviews to promote healthy business behaviour. Coordinate with the WB and MENA finance leadership to ensure production of robust and reliable budgets and forecasts
- Special Projects:
- IFRS 9 - Manage the project across the Group by working closely with the vendors and internal stakeholders (Risk, IT, Business and Finance) to achieve successful implementation for the bank within defined timelines, including focus on customization for jurisdiction specific requirements in UK, Brazil and Jordan
- Enterprise Data Warehouse– Manage the project to achieve successful implementation by clearly defining key objectives and driving the project towards meeting them. Prioritise conflicting goals/requirements by aligning them to the Banks’ strategic needs. Work closely with vendor teams and internal stakeholders (Finance, IT, Business, Risk, Strategy) to proactively identify bottlenecks and facilitate eliminating them including following appropriate escalation methods.
- Champion to create awareness about the special projects and its benefits including providing regular progress update to key stakeholders and effective coordination among all participants through regular meetings of steering & working groups
- Lead creation and maintenance of Finance policies and control standards
- The jobholder is the responsible for Group Internal Reporting from the bank Head Office. Ensures that management information is produced accurately within deadlines. Due to the ever changing environment, the jobholder continuously develops and proposes amendment/enhancements to ensure relevant and accurate management information is available.
- Reporting to the Head of Group Finance, the jobholder works within standards laid down in the department and the Group Finance policy and procedures.
- Works closely with the Group Finance seniors to enable appropriate value add to the Group MIS as well as leveraging into the special projects
- Good understanding of Banking business and the related market dynamics
- Advanced PC skills
- A good degree of analytical and problem solving skills
- Awareness of Performance Management and project management tools
Education / Certifications
- A Professional accountant /Banking & Finance degree, preferably with CFA/FRM or equivalent
- 15 years of working experience in a multi-disciplined background preferably a part with a big 4 or other professional services firm
- Good level of people management skills and self-motivated
- High level of communications and interpersonal skills