- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Accounting & Finance, Corporate Banking, Credit
- Sub Sector:
- Audit, n/a, Project Finance/PFI
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
- Delivery of audit assignments as per the annual plan and scope or ad-hoc requests
- Providing ongoing risk assessment and input to the annual audit plan
- Managing relationships within the organization or external parties
- Applying and contributing to the Audit tools and methodology development
- Leading the Credit Audit team
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
1- Delivery of internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan
- Plan the scope of individual assignments.
- Establish an appropriate team to deliver the assignment in terms of skill-sets and numbers.
- Allocate areas of responsibility and ensure the completion of own and others work.
- Ensure work is captured within B-Wise.
- Produce and discuss issue sheets on findings, agree action plans
- Produce and agree the audit report.
- Present the findings to the Audit Committee.
2- Conduct ad-hoc reviews and assignments as requested by the Group Chief Auditor, Senior management or Audit Committee
- As above.
3- Oversee the activities of overseas Credit Audits
- Maintain awareness of the Credit Function and Asset Portfolio of all Overseas Units.
- Regular meetings / conversations with the Local CROs
- Review draft Terms of Reference, Issue Sheets and Audit Reports for all Credit audits.
- Provide guidance on updates to Group Audit’s methodology.
- Attendance at local Audit Committee meetings when required.
4- Manage relationships with Bahrain-based Business Units
- Conduct regular relationship management meetings with Credit Risk Management.
- Maintain awareness of levels of business activity and new products / business developments.
- Use the information acquired to inform decisions on individual Audit assignments and the Annual plan.
- Periodic updates on key risk profile changes within Group Audit.
5- Provide input to the annual audit planning process
- Remain aware of ongoing and emerging risks within the Group.
- Assess the risks in across Business Units / Credit Areas in order to identify areas of priority
- Identify appropriate staffing of Audit assignments.
- Identify the most appropriate time for conducting assignments based on availability of audit staff and activities within the audited area.
6- Contribute to the ongoing development of Group Audit’s methodology
- Maintain awareness of developments in the Internal Audit profession
- Critical analysis of Group Audit’s existing credit quality and risk audit methodology
- Develop proposals for discussion with Group Chief Auditor and other Senior Team Leaders
- Implement agreed initiatives of self and others
- Act as champion for the audit tools within Group Audit
- Subject matter expert on the Credit Risk Management framework processes (Corporate, FI’s, SMEs and Retail) including:
- Strong understanding of corporate governance.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills.
- Proficiency in at least one other language (French, Arabic or Portuguese) would be desirable.
- Risk based Credit auditing techniques
- Thorough understanding of banking products and services. A thorough understanding of risks and controls related to Trade Finance products
- Regulatory environment under which banks are operating
- Risk Management and support functions
Education / Certifications
- University Degree and Professional Qualification in finance, banking, accounting, business, audit or risk management.
- Minimum 15 years within Banking and a preference for at least 7 years internal audit or assets quality review experience.
- Proven experience in the identification of risks and controls related to Credit Risk Management (Quality and Credit Processes) including exposure to different Credit Risk methodologies (Moody’s Risk Analyst is desirable)
- Familiarity with and exposure to different audit methodologies and with workflow-based audit software, such as B-Wise.
- Development and delivery of presentations to senior individuals.