- Standard Chartered Bank
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Corporate Banking
- Sub Sector:
- Relationship Management
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
* To understand the dynamics of international and domestic trade in UAE with a view to size the market for Trade Services in all the Standard Chartered territories and any important but yet un-represented countries.
* To understand customer buying behavior and needs to develop well researched customer value propositions (CVPs) positioned to increased trade revenue (new products, enhancements, service delivery initiatives, portfolio re-engineering (re-pricing etc.), product and sales promotion campaigns and alliances).
* To develop and maintain a system to capture competitor and regulatory information on Trade.
* To continuously scan and manage the composition and trends in Standard Chartered's Trade Services portfolio and validate them against market, customer and competitor knowledge. This should enable Standard Chartered to identify and plan for opportunities and threats to protect/grow Trade Revenue.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for P&L for assigned products; manage product / other revenue initiative priorities across UAE. To ensure that sufficient tactical and strategic action plan is articulated so as to maximize the revenue impact of market, customer, business and competitor knowledge by initiating and sponsoring Product Development (New and Enhancements), Product and Sales Promotion campaigns, Service Quality improvements, Training and Product Marketing support for Trade services in UAE.
* Responsible for articulating the regional Trade product strategy and executing on the annual operating plan, specifically for Documentary Exports and Open Account Finance products (ex Invoice Financing).
* Develop jointly with the Sales team a local product & sales strategy to meet regional and country revenue targets for Exports and Open Account products, in line with the overall Transaction Banking strategy
* In consultation with the TB Sales teams identify markets or customer segments within the region that provide opportunities revitalizing Exports and Open Account products (ex Invoice Financing).
* To lead and manage the articulation and definition of annual Operating Plan for areas of own responsibility in consultation with product partners to:
* ◘ Deliver short-term financial results whilst position for medium term performance.
* ◘ Identify and provide business case for creation of core capabilities, which support strategic goals.
* ◘ Manage revenue and costs (P&L) for assigned Trade product set.
* To demonstrate the business case, for each initiative, on the basis of product features, customer benefits, payback and cost savings/enhanced efficiency as the case may be.
* To devise and implement, in consultation with Country TBS & Coverage teams, strategic and tactical framework for each new product launches so that the planned market, wallet share and revenue are achieved.
* To define competitive pricing and tariff structure for NEW products to maximize product profitability and shareholder value.
* To deliver financial results both in respect of revenues and trade volumes.
* To participate in local marketing planning process. Budget, plan and champion local marketing campaigns together with marketing team.
* To assist in the structuring, pricing and implementation of Trade services/solutions.
* To prepare updates to the Market and Product functions in the form or regular Newsletters, or other reporting as required, and to ensure that base and product revenues are consolidated and reported periodically.
* To maintain a high level of customer contact, both by direct and indirect means viz., calls, research visits, Focus groups, questionnaires, tele-research, RM call reports and CMP information etc. to ensure that all CVPs and initiatives are either customer driven or at least validated with customer feedback.
* To provide training and ongoing support to coverage, TB Sales and all relevant stakeholders.
* Governance: * Ensure country compliance on Group standard for Operational Risk, Audit, Control and financial reporting.
* Ensure that Country Addendum to the Product Program (PPG) database are duly renewed in time
Qualifications and Skills
* Product management, or business management
* Preferred experience in Trade Finance operations, Financial management,Sales and Marketing promotions
* Thorough knowledge of trade products, in one or more of SCB's key markets, together with sound knowledge of risk issues and understanding of operations and supporting systems and processes.
* Strong leadership, motivational and influencing skills to manage cross-border and cross- functional initiatives, and also to gain commitment from Business Heads of the respective countries to develop the trade business.
* Well-developed project management skills in order to manage effectively product initiatives with multiple dimensions.
* Well-developed communication skills to promote trade capabilities
* Preffered Arabic Speakers
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 25/07/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.