- Standard Chartered Bank
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Real Estate
- Sub Sector:
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
* Operate between the Group SME's (process owners) and Country Heads of Property to drive outcomes across the Workplace domain (E&E, Performance, etc) provide the tools, processes, resources, training, etc
* Govern the performance of Workplace elements of the partnership in consultation with the Regional SPMs
* Govern and assure for Workplace processes within region (conduit between Group and country); help to resolve process issues and provide a feedback loop into process / policy revision and creation
* Support the Property risk owners within region (Country Heads of Property or others) as need with regards to Workplace related risks
* Support the Group SMEs with development and revision of Workplace operating models and provide guidance and advisory to Country Heads of Property in implementation of the operating models
* Accountable for Workplace strategy across a regional portfolio of 549 buildings (inclusive of Offices, Branches, Data Centres), spread across 3m square feet in 25 countries.
* Influencing a regional operating budget of more than $145m, through Project Management, Facilities Management and Energy & Environments, in the most effective manner in support of and aligned with the regional PROPERTY strategy.
* Challenging the status quo and identify and drive opportunities in the region to drive workplace forward.
* Challenge the partnership to drive improvements in productivity and performance of the regional SP team and participate in discussion around opportunities.
* Challenging, steering, and validating solutions provided by the Partnership to drive positive outcomes
* * Regional Workplace policy, process, standards and guidelines owner and associated risk management, Governance and assurance responsibilities over Workplace processes & policies within Region.
* Lead Regional Workplace continual improvement, best practice implementation and Workplace education.
* Regional Workplace people management responsibilities in line with PROPERTY and group policies.
* Lead and influence regional Workplace contribution to PROPERTY real estate decisions/strategies.
* Regional Stakeholder management and influencing responsibilities associated with Workplace and wider Group PROPERTY strategies.
* Ensure Regional PROPERTY and Group maintains one voice approach to Workplace issues and strategies.
* Lead Regional Workplace strategy to support and influence the full spectrum of PROPERTY projects/initiatives with the aim of obtaining the optimum solution.
* Optimise Regional Workplace services from supply partners and FTEs.
* Lead and influence appropriate Regional Workplace related expenditure to support Group and PROPERTY financial goals while balancing associated risk, resilience, and service.
* Lead and influence Regional Workplace change.
* Lead strategy for Regional Workplace MIS.
* Lead and influence attainment of Regional PROPERTY sustainability targets with associated external assurance activities and reporting.
* Must remain compliant with the requirements set out in the Group RMF & ORF
Knowledge & Skills
* Experienced in leading and delivering a cutting-edge Workplace strategy for the full spectrum of related activities (Soft/Hard/MIS/Workplace/Env/Outsourced/In-house) within a global corporate.
* Detailed knowledge of the Group policies, processes, and standards. Experience leading a global Workplace discipline within a similar governance model.
* Expert in governance and relationship management of Workplace supply partners.
* Must have a well developed Workplace industry network and ability to draw best people and practise from leading industry exemplars of Workplace partnerships. Ability to incorporate industry best practice and innovation.
* Ability to alter ingrained behaviours, realign teams, business units, supply partners to new ideas, ways of working and roles.
* Excellent people skills, communication, team building, partnering techniques and mentoring skills. Ability to perform as part of a team and collaborate to drive outcomes through the network
* This role must exemplify the tenants of any PROPERTY strategy; influence behaviours and change. Strong leadership, selfless commitment and an ability to influence align behind One Voice.
* Role modelling the attributes of our strategic partnerships, code of conduct, brand promise and the values of the bank.
* Proven ability to influence the full spectrum of PROPERTY activities across geographies and counties, and in particular interaction across Workplace lifecycle
* Experienced in leading the management of Workplace risk within a regional and/or global portfolio
Preferred Qualifications (experience more important than qualifications):
* Preferably a bachelor's degree (or relevant qualifications) in Real Estate, Facilities Management, Project Management, or other business related discipline preferred
* Knowledge of the facilities/real estate market as well as a keen understanding of customer service principles
* Demonstrated resourcefulness in seeking out market opportunities and leveraging supplier base to maximum advantage
* Exceptional leadership capabilities and experience managing multi-disciplinary Workplace teams
* Strong Communication and Negotiation skills
* Demonstrated supply partner management experience that leads to commercial outcomes and enhanced service delivery to clients
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 26/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.