- Madison Pearl
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Consultancy, Industry & Commerce, Public Sector
- Sub Sector:
- n/a, n/a, n/a
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
This will include activity to coordinate with local Ministerial teams, high-level government agencies, and the relevant policy influencers, socio-economics writers and also work alongside the 2030 Vision agenda. E.g. Ministry of Education, Ministry of Interior, Royal Courts, Universities, Think-Tanks, Vision 2030 team, Ministry of Economy and Planning, Investment and Financial Authorities etc…
Reporting to the Director of Policy this is a highly confidential position due to the sensitive nature of the work and the various government bodies and authorities involved.
- The Expert will advise the Policy Director and other relevant senior staff members on the most relevant national priority areas, engaging directly with all relevant internal representatives, and advising directly to the relevant Working Groups and their Ministerial Policy Teams.
- The role will also need to consider all priority policy areas including socio-economic policy, foreign policy, energy policy, investment policy and employment policy for the economic stand of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Key to this will be the research, analysis and development of strong relationships with all key internal (KSA) partners and stakeholders to form a critically important insight, alignment and coordination for the execution and communication of this role.
- The role will include the development of meeting agendas and discussion themes, relative to the achievement of the KSA policy aspirations of the Saudi Vison 2030; ensuring that all relevant policy messages remain consistent across all Saudi Ministries.
- Identification, analysis and coordination of all relevant individuals and organizations in the field of domestic National (KSA) policies – including working with KSA Ministries and key policy influencers from across the Kingdom to voice their recommendations, align national agendas and raise awareness.
- Engage positively and effectively with all relevant individuals, agencies and organizations in the field of domestic policy-making and national strategies and frameworks.
- Perform analysis of high-value intelligence and provide robust recommendations on key policy focus areas.
- Gather all key and relevant domestic policy data, intelligence and information that will support with the development of policy: agenda - themes, topics and priorities.
- Provide key input and extensive knowledge to the positioning of policy papers when senior level and/or strategic level decisions are required. Specifically support to Minsters, Representatives, and Deputies.
- Plan, develop, and implement information sharing of policy strategies with relevant national partners.
- Utilize subject matter experts to advise and prepare meeting schedules, agendas, topics and formats more specific to KSA policy stand on international policy making platforms.
- Master’s degree in Economics, International Development, Public Policy, Public Administration, or an advanced degree in an equivalent field.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience preferred, including policy management experience and a concentration in at least one of the following areas: economic policy, international policy, socioeconomic policy or financial policy.
- Excellent knowledge of domestic and/or international policy at both a policy and practical level – including policy influencing, formulation and implementation.
- Excellent understanding of Saudi Arabia government structures and policy decision making processes, teams and functions from across the Kingdom.
- Experience in policy development and advocacy, at the national and international level on issues related to economic, financial, social and international policy.
- Ability to draft, develop and coordinate policy documentation, white paper recommendations, government consultative documentation, including the drafting of legislative language in both Arabic and English.
- Experience in negotiations, consensus building and moderating disputes with senior ministerial and executive branch policy-makers and staff.
- Ability to build and manage multi-disciplinary policy teams from cross-ministerial backgrounds in addition also, able to use data, intelligence and information in shaping, developing and coordinating policy messages.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly in writing and in oral presentations to a range of audiences including Ministers, the Media, the Press teams, Public and Senior International Government Officials.
Interested candidates can either apply here or send across their resume in Word format directly to email@example.com, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Alternatively, if you wish to seek more information you may reach us at +971 4 560 9100.