- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Global Custody, Information Technology, Risk Management
- Sub Sector:
- Other, Cyber security, Product Development Management
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
- To lead the development and implementation across the Group of policies and frameworks for the management of Fraud Risk (including Cyber Fraud Risk).
- To monitor and report on the status of Fraud Risk across the Group
- To ensure continuously improvement of the policies, frameworks and tools is in place
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Lead the continuous development and implementation of the policies and framework for the management of Fraud Risk (including Cyber Fraud), across the Group.
Key responsibilities, accountabilities and deliverables
Development of Fraud Risk policies and frameworks
Lead the development of the key components of the framework for the management of Fraud Risk including but not limited to:
- Risk and control self-assessment systems (bottom-up, top-down, local/ group-wide);
- Fraud related incidents and loss events capture and analysis;
- Key risk indicators;
- Group-wide control standards;
- Standard and “ad hoc” Fraud Risk reports;
- Appropriate MIS
- Regulatory compliance (all applicable regulators for the Group)
Periodic review of policies and frameworks and continuous improvement
Implementation of the policies and frameworks for the management of Fraud Risk
- Oversee the management of Fraud Risk across the Group through various monitoring tools e.g. Dedicated Fraud Risk Tools, RCSAs, KRIs, control standards, reporting of incidents, etc.
- Ensure that the frameworks for management of Fraud Risk are aligned to the framework for Operational Risk, IT Risk and Business Continuity Management (including Crisis Management and Disaster Recovery)
- Develop a Maturity model (industry standard or bespoke) to set the target maturity level of the controls in the Fraud Risk Management space and to track progress against in case it is not met.
Fraud Risk Management
- Provide day-to-day direction, guidance, training and support to Unit on implementation of the policies, framework and its on-going management.
- Carry out ad hoc requests from senior management, including participation in fraud investigation.
- Participate in the development of new products and change management projects (including projects to introduce new technologies) to ensure that the Fraud risks are assessed and mitigated prior to launch/implementation.
Culture and Behaviour
- Raise awareness for Fraud Risk – Training
- Conduct necessary training and provide guidance to the risk managers in the Head Office, Branches, and Subsidiaries on all aspects of the management of Fraud Risk management policies, procedures and framework including implementation, on-going maintenance and reporting.
Attend and present at Group and Local Risk Committees when requested.
Extensive knowledge of Fraud Risk Management (including Cyber Fraud)
- Practical working experience in the area of Fraud Risk Management;
- Strong knowledge in the area of Fraud Risk Management processes and tools;
- Broad knowledge of Banking processes (a.o. Retail, Wholesale (Treasury, Trade Finance…);
- Relevant knowledge of industry standards;
- Strong practical experience with Fraud Risk Management frameworks, tools and methodologies as applied to business processes, business applications, technology infrastructure and third parties
- Practical knowledge of Fraud Risk Management tooling
Education / Certifications
- Master degree from a reputable university;
- Appropriate qualifications/certification (e.g. Certified Fraud Examiner).
At least 15 years of relevant work experience, with a minimum of 7 years in Fraud Risk Management
- Strong written & verbal communication / presentational skills;
- Good command of the English language, French and/or Arabic desirable
- Good time-management skills;
- Self-motivation and leadership attributes;
- People management and relationship skills;
- Good PC skills.