- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Corporate Banking, Credit
- Sub Sector:
- Relationship Management, n/a
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
Client Relationship Management:
- Understands the client’s requirements and assesses a deal’s desirability in coordination with Product partners and Group Credit, to ensure these business requirements can be met and the client’s investment would be sustainable and consistent.
- Develops account plans for clients in the portfolio, in a consistent and timely manner in order to swiftly follow-up on identified business opportunities and regularly update the Unit Head – Corporate and Investment Banking about the portfolio’s accounts development.
- Carries out the process of client coverage and origination through delivering of the Bank’s full suite of products and services including transaction services, debt markets, treasury and Islamic banking products in order to ensure clients are advised on the right product and services for them.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with smaller and less complex clients and manage their accounts under the guidance and support of the Unit Head – Corporate and Investment Banking where required, in order to ensure business continuity and to help the clients make the right decisions with their accounts and explain the financial services on offer to them.
- Holds regular meetings with portfolio clients and maintain ongoing dialogue with them to discuss their financial needs and introduce FAB products and services in order to maximise portfolio revenues and to ensure that they are aware of all FAB products/services relevant to their situation and credit analysis.
- Works closely with the Client Service team to guarantee the highest quality of service to the clients in the portfolio.
- Acts as main point of contact for all clients in the portfolio in order to ensure appropriate servicing and effective resolution of issues.
- Collects credit request and documents from the clients in the portfolio and conduct initial analysis to check plausibility against preliminary rejection criteria and submit necessary documents to Group Credit in order to facilitate the credit analysis and approval process.
- Assists Group Credit in development of the CAs through provision of relevant client documents and inputs, and reviews it in the end, in order to ensure quality and completeness of all CAs before approval.
- Ensures the quality of the credit portfolio is maintained by assisting in reviewing proposals and identifying and assessing all risks inherent in credit exposures.
Product Maintenance and Enhancement:
- Provides inputs to the Unit Head – Corporate and Investment Banking on the client needs and trends in the market, which are commercially viable in order to enable product enhancement thus catering to client needs.
- Develops a close working relationship with all departments including Product partners (Debt Markets, Global Transaction Services, Islamic Banking, Corporate Finance, and Treasury & Global Markets Group) in order to contribute to cross selling opportunities.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes, and practices while taking into account leading finance practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, and productivity improvement.
Industry and Sector Knowledge:
- Keeps abreast of the different industries and global corporate and investment banking practices, trends, issues, challenges, etc. through competitor analysis and client feedback in order to provide necessary inputs to the Senior Relationship Managers and Relationship Managers in taking commercial decision for their clients.
Policies, Systems, Processes, and Procedures:
- Implements departmental policies, systems and procedure so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering quality and cost-effective service.
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year.
- Identifies the training and development requirements for self and agrees on them with the reporting manager to ensure that the required trainings are arranged and attended.
- Strives to achieve the highest levels of proficiency on all the competencies and skills required to perform the role.
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Client satisfaction index
- Growth in total portfolio revenue of the function
- Percentage increase in profitability
- Number of new clients added to the portfolio
- Turnaround time for client services/ transactions
- Variance to the assigned budget
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Commerce or any related discipline, is required
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) or a Chartered Accountant (CA) qualification is preferred
Years & Nature of Experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in corporate and investment banking and preferably international experience across multinational banks
- CIB Group Product Teams (DMS, GTS, Corporate Finance and Islamic)
- Group Credit
- Treasury and Global Markets Group
- Clients (including Government Entities, Multinationals, etc.)
- Service Providers
- Insurance Companies