- Standard Chartered Bank
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- FX & Money Markets
- Sub Sector:
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
The Role Responsibilities
- Developing a strategy for Corporate FM sales across multiple GCC countries
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer's business, investment priorities and their potential needs for Financial Markets products (FX, Rates and other asset classes) by working closely with C&IB RM and through direct contact with the client
- Establish and maintain a close relationship with client's decision makers for FM products through client calls, visits and presenting ideas with the objective that SCB is positioned as core bank for client's FM requirements
- Liase with product traders and operations to ensure clients pricing expectations are met and service levels are upto their satisfaction
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Increase strategic engagement with Clients across all products and asset classes
- To ensure achievement of individual target for own portfolio of clients, as well as contributing towards the segment/unit financial target
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Conduct FM Sales business as per the associated processes and work with control partners to review and transform them.
- Ensure while executing trades to follow credit check processes, CA's. A & S as well as assessing market risk and work within any other limits set against the business.
- Conduct the business under existing Risk Management Framework - both execution and supervisory.
- Work with stake holders to identify key risk areas and building process changes to mitigate them.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- Must be aware of and follow all FM Policy and procedures including cross border, Termsheets, Dodd Frank where applicable, FX fair pricing. In addition must be aware of FM FO Dealing handbook, PA account & dealing principles.
- Conduct the business under existing Risk Management Framework - both execution and supervisory
- Work with stakeholders to identify key risk areas and building process changes to mitigate them.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the firm's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and if necessary oversee changes in these areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.