- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Excellent tax free package
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Accounting & Finance
- Sub Sector:
- Financial Control, Regulatory Reporting
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
My client is looking for someone to oversee the following:
- Develops the overall strategy for asset liability management & capital management (ALCM) strategy to achieve the target balance sheet structure in line with the growth and risk targets of the Bank.
- Develop and monitor implementation of department’s policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensures the timely implementation of the requisite infrastructural/operational changes and technological advancements to support ALCM in line with the bank’s strategy
- Monitor performance of the department against KPIs on a regular basis.
- Lead the preparation of the ALCO pack data inputs in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyze the ALCM profile and recommend actions to ensure optimum balance sheet structure balancing risk with reward.
- Evaluate funding needs for banking and trading book based on short-term maturity gaps and balance sheet projections. Assess stability, cost and risk profile of various funding sources.
- Formulation and implementation of the internal control framework, guidelines, policies and procedures for the functioning of the ALCM function and ensure appropriate control mechanisms for the same.
- This includes policies relating to Funds Transfer Pricing, Liquidity Premium, Interest Rate Risk Behavioralisation, Liquidity Recharge and liquidity management ratios (LCR / NSFR).
Specialist Skills / Technical Knowledge Required for this role:
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and an ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization; able to build relationships and network effectively and gain broad respect throughout the organization
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure; flexibility with last-minutes challenges/changes
- Strong sense of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work comfortably with different cultures, backgrounds and skills
- Entrepreneurial ability and energy to visualize, develop and execute plans
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bilingual preferred (English, Arabic)
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. Master Degree)