- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Market Rate
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Corporate Banking, Investment Banking/M&A, Islamic Finance
- Sub Sector:
- n/a, Other, Operations
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
- Organise and supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within the section is carried out in an efficient manner and time-line consistent with FAB operating procedures and policy.
- Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development.
- Motivate direct reports and provide direction and constructive feedback to direct reports to support their overall development.
- Maintain strong internal relations and collaborate with coverage partners both locally and internationally in order to accurately determine Islamic product opportunities.
- Work with other product partners (GCF, GTB and GM) to enhance Islamic propositions.
- Participate in internal Islamic Banking Road shows and engagements to enhance Islamic banking product awareness and knowledge across CIB and all relevant stakeholders.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert and main point of reference on all matters relating to the Islamic banking products and operations to which the jobholder will have to provide valuable inputs to all relevant internal forums/committees such as Risk, Legal, Operations, Group Credit, CAD, IT, Channels, Heads of Product Groups, Heads of Coverage Units, Heads of Product Units and Heads of Support Functions.
- Develop service level targets and manage the coordination between the Islamic Product Management Unit with other stakeholders to meet client service expectations.
Learning and Development:
- Responsible for overall Islamic training and certification of CIB and other support functions’ staff involved in Islamic banking activities and operations.
- Partner with FAB Business School to manage Islamic Banking coursework/training modules (including scheduling, content development and update and delivery).
Financial Budget and Plans:
- Contribute to the preparation of FAB Siraj overall budget and monitor the business’s cost to income ratio.
- Make the Head of Global Islamic Banking aware of performance gaps with suggestions to rectify and improve performance.
Risk and Audit Management:
- Mitigate product related risk aspects and issues in collaboration Risk Management stakeholders.
- Manage audit observations and ensure rectifications of findings are done appropriately.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, platforms, channels, processes and procedures while taking into account best practices, cost management, optimal productivity, customer experience and growth opportunity.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
- Accountable for the successful roll-out of all CIB Global Islamic Banking product propositions throughout CIB Product Groups (GCF, GTB and GM) for local and international markets.
- Lead all Islamic banking product, processes and technology initiatives in collaboration with other conventional counterparts (Head of Products) in GCF, GM and GTB.
- Ensure all Islamic banking offerings of FAB Siraj are always relevant and competitive by ensuring all Islamic banking offering life cycle are up to date.
- Plan short, medium and long term product development strategies for CIB Global Islamic Banking propositions in line with GIB business growth and geographical expansions.
- Responsible for the structuring, customization and execution of all Islamic transactions across all CIB Product segments and geographies.
- Accountable for all Islamic operational processes/activities including IT/system, channels, legal documentation, Product Papers, SOPs, Business recovery & contingency across CIB and International Islamic banking offerings.
- Oversee the development of new products through collaboration with various external and internal partners including Internal Shariah Unit, Risk Management Unit, Group Marketing, internal and external legal counsels and other relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out post implementation review in line with FAB’s policies and market requirements.
Product Implementation & Operations:
- Accountable for the smooth implementation and operation of all Islamic product propositions by partnering with all key product groups, coverage segments and support functions e.g. Customer Service Unit, Central Operations, Trade Operations, IT, Channels and external commodity brokers.
- Evaluate, select and manage appropriate IT vendors in order to ensure the provision of compatible IT systems and infrastructure required to create a sustainable Islamic Banking platform which meets client requirements within FAB’s risk appetite.
- Ensure collaboration with the Islamic Distribution team in order to communicate new products and changes in product features to ensure adequate understanding and ability to communicate CIB Islamic Banking products effectively to FAB clients.
Branding and Marketing:
- Responsible for all initiatives relating to Islamic branding, promotion, marketing, events and all related engagements with all internal stakeholders such as Group Marketing, Corporate Affairs and Business Management as well as external parties/vendors.
- Time to market vs Time-lines of product launching
- Operational gap occurrence
- Achievement of training targets
- Client satisfaction index
- Completion of marketing and branding initiatives
- Adherence to policies, processes, and procedures of FAB and the Group
- Adherence to regulatory requirements of the CBUAE
- Growth in total portfolio revenue
- Variance to assigned budget
- Minimum university degree in Business Administration, Commerce or related discipline.
- 12 years of experience in Banking with 6 years with specific experience in Islamic Finance and developing Islamic Banking products.
- Knowledge of the banking sector, and FAB’s products and business strategies.
- Proficient understanding of acceptable standards and ethics as applicable to the Islamic Finance.