- Standard Chartered Bank
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- FX & Money Markets
- Sub Sector:
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
- Increase strategic engagement with Clients across all products and asset classes
- To ensure achievement of individual target for own portfolio of clients, as well as contributing towards the segment/unit financial target
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Conduct FM Sales business as per the associated processes and work with control partners to review and transform them.
- Ensure while executing trades to follow credit check processes, CA's. A & S as well as assessing market risk and work within any other limits set against the business.
- Conduct the business under existing Risk Management Framework - both execution and supervisory.
- Work with stake holders to identify key risk areas and building process changes to mitigate them.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values, set appropriate tone and expectations with in the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Provide guidance and support for in country teams in Bahrain, Jordan and Qatar
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- Must be aware of and follow all FM Policy and procedures including cross border, Termsheets, Dodd Frank where applicable, FX fair pricing. In addition, must be aware of FM FO Dealing handbook, PA account & dealing principles.
- Conduct the business under existing Risk Management Framework - both execution and supervisory
- Work with stakeholders to identify key risk areas and building process changes to mitigate them.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the firm's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and if necessary oversee changes in these areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.