- Moody's changes outlook on Abu Dhabi's Aa2 rating to stable from negative
- Finance House Securities gets SCA Certificate of Appreciation
- Byblos Bank's ratings affirmed
- CBI partners with Al Jalila Foundation
- ibq wins Best Customer Service in Qatar Award from Banker Middle East
- IIFM embarks on three year strategic plan to expand its scope of standardisation in Islamic finance
- Saxo client collateral deposits exceed DKK 100 billion
- SC's Shari'ah Advisory Council updates approved securities list
- Kroll: GCC companies see significant rise in fraud and risk incidents
- Alawwal Bank’s ratings affirmed
Khaled Al-Aboodi, Chief Executive Officer of the ICD
A new life for GCC markets?
Liberalisation, re-classification and opening up
Ryan Lemand explains the new investor relation function introduced by the securities and commodities authority
BNP Paribas: What really happened?
Money launderers on the move
As money launderers seek new targets, Martin Woods asks if businesses are ready to protect themselves.
The recent FIFA scandal demonstrates just how far and wide money laundering now reaches,…
A new report from The Pearl Initiative outlines a way forward for gender diversity in GCC boardrooms, explains Imelda Dunlop, Executive Director of The Pearl Initiative.
MARKA has shown the GCC business community what can be achieved through good governance; its Chief Executive Officer, Nick Peel, explained to Framework how launching the UAE’s first…
Building better boards
The GCC Board Directors Institute (BDI) has released its survey on board effectiveness in the region; Framework flicks through the highlights.Board performance is under the spotlight as never before.…
Long march forward
According to Nasser Saidi, the opening of the Saudi Stock Exchange should be part of a Chinese ‘Long march forward’.The Saudi Capital Market Authority, under new leadership, has announced…
Attuning to the times
In order to diversify the economy, stem unemployment and wean the private sector off an expat workforce, Saudi Arabia must shift legislations to utilise its female talent pool. Framework spoke to Dr.…
Is cybersecurity becoming a compliance priority?
Julie Dimauro of Compliance Complete explains why regulators need to focus on cybersecurity more than ever.With the massive hack of Sony Pictures Entertainment providing the latest and perhaps most…
Russia under sanctions
For international companies conducting business in or with Russia, the economic sanctions imposed by the United States, European Union and certain other countries pose a number of issues, explain Moscow-based…
Shayne Nelson, Chief Executive Officer of Emirates NBD, muses how corporate governance, risk and compliance have changed beyond recognition since he first came to the region.Shayne Nelson has seen…